Stephanie sends in a recipe in each category! Cucumber Sandwiches, Sloppy Joes and Heavenly Hash Cake!
Cucumber Sandwiches with a Kick
I love cucumber sandwiches and I wanted to jazz it up a bit.
It is so simple, good and refreshing, the entire family will enjoy! – Stephanie
1 package of cream cheese
1 package of dried Italian dressing mix or dried Ranch dip mix
White bread (edges cut off)
1 cucumber (peeled and sliced)
- Mix 1/2 to 3/4 of 1 package of the dressing to the cream cheese
- Spread on white bread and place a thin slice of cucumber on top of the spread
- Place the other piece of white bread on top of the cucumber.
Homemade Sloppy Joes
Growing up in St. Louis, MO, my mom would make our family Sloppy Joes; it was one of our favorite dinner dishes. These are so much better than the canned sloppy joes! You can really tell the difference.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did growing up. – Stephanie
2 pounds ground meat
2 bottles (12 oz each) ketchup (or one 24 oz bottle)
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
salt & pepper
1 medium onion
1/2 green pepper
- Fry out ground meat with salt and pepper, and drain
- Add onion and green pepper
- Add all other ingredients
- Simmer for 1/2 hour
Heavenly Hash Cake
Heavenly Hash Cake is one of my MOST favorite desserts. Its sweet, chocolaty and cool. Wonderful for the summer! My mom and aunt would make this for our family gatherings when I was younger.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
1 1/2 12 oz. pkgs. chocolate chips
4 eggs separated
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 large angel food cake
1 pint whipping cream
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat
- Beat egg yolks and add to chocolate
- Beat egg whites and add 2 tsp sugar
- Add egg whites to chocolate mixture
- Stir and add pecans, vanilla and salt
- Whip cream and fold into mixture
- Break cake in small chunks and cover bottom of angel food cake pan cover with layer of chocolate mixture
- Repeat. . . repeat. . . chill over night